EHS Field Services Regional Manager
The EHS Field Services Regional Manager will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives as a front line services sub-region manager. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Interface with the PS operations team at the sub region level, and actively support and network with the Front Line North America region EHS team
- Ensure customer requirements for outages are identified and addressed during the Outage Readiness Review and EHS pre-planning process
- Participate in internal / external Post Outage discussions
- Support and participate in customer meetings
- Provide direct support to sub region General Manager, Service Directors, Service Managers, CPMs, and Field Engineers for all aspects of field work
- Ensure all OneEHS initiatives are implemented and executed on the ground (Services outage safety plan, Critical Lifts, etc.) for the region
- Interface with the OneEHS region managers and media experts to ensure consistent application of programs and solicit support when needed
- Perform systematic audits of EHS activities in the region coordinating with operations and affiliates
- Input and track Gensuite applications (Action Tracking System, Compliance Calendar, Events, etc.) for the assigned region.
- Provide feedback to the PS NAM EHS leader and sub region General Manager (Operations) on improvement opportunities and compliance risk in the region
- Train or arrange for training of PS operational team and provide the operations team with completion status
- Liaison with equivalent regional resources of affiliates to drive efficiency and cost out, maintain open channels of communication, and increase coverage
- Coordinate injury investigations (GE, Affiliates and Contractors) in person or remotely, and provide technical guidance and assistance in developing corrective actions
- Provide Commercial Operations / Sales teams with technical interpretation and review of new and existing EHS aspects of contracts
- Provide customers with requested pre-qualification information and work with ITO group on third party qualifications (ISNetworld, PICS, etc.)
- Implement the sub region EHS communication plan in cooperation with Operations
- Monitor and develop plans to communicate and improve Net Promoter Score results
- Develop, implement, maintain and report region EHS metrics in order to drive continuous improvement throughout the region
- Implement customized outreach program for targeted customers
- Lead and participate in lean projects to reduce risks and simplify processes
- Champion the Hazard Reduction Program efforts in the region including reporting of near misses, concerns, risk reduction projects, and hazard hunts
- Plan, arrange, budget and expense travel as necessary to support customer outages, meetings and other GE business needs
- Support regional crisis management teams as required by business leadership
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Environmental Health & Safety).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in EHS - Regional Operations.
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited, reference verification and background check.
- Must have unrestricted Canadian work authorization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.