Structural Engineer Summer Intern
The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in specific area of study. Working in a fast-paced, professional setting provides interns with invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment. While working along side and in support of a group of world-class professionals in your chosen field of study.
Reporting directly to an assigned lead Engineer or Project Manager in an office or on a project construction work site, this is a temporary position providing on the job training. Duties provide meaningful work experience and business knowledge to college students in their chosen field.
- Perform routine aspects of building structures design under the direct guidance of a Lead Engineer and/or Designer (Engineering, Structural Details, Analysis, and Design).
- May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Collect and prepare data for evaluation.
- Assist in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations.
- Provide support to Engineering staff members as needed.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in at least their junior year within an ABET accredited Structural or Civil Engineering curriculum, or in an accredited Architectural Engineering curriculum with a buildings structures preference
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills required
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management required
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment required
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision required
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel required
- Previous government, institutional, or commercial facilities project intern experience is preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred. Knowledge of Revit and BIM preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.