Lead Fac & Equip Tech-W
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leads the diagnosis of trouble and repairs of complex commercial and industrial air conditioning and heating equipment, plumbing, electrical and fire protection equipment and minor structural systems.
- Works on electrical systems up to and including 600V 3 Phase and low pressure, natural gas systems (where applicable. )
- Acts as Site Company representative for inspection of electrical, civil, mechanical and architectural building modification work performed by contractors and Company personnel for building additions, alterations and repairs.
- Validates accuracy of contractor and material supplier invoices.
- Provide technical specifications and procedures for facilities maintenance contracts.
- Proficient user of the Building Management Control System (BMCS. ), facility maintenance management system and applicable corporate pc applications.
- Assists in planning work assignments and establishing procedures and priorities.
- Formulates and establishes preventive maintenance schedules based on equipment performance and repair history.
- Directs ordering and control of spare parts inventory.
- Directs preparation of labor and material cost estimates on repair and installation work.
- Works with engineers and supervision to recommend plan and perform changes and improvements to existing equipment.
- Ensures work performed is in compliance with Corporate, State and Federal environmental plans and procedures.
- Trains other maintenance personnel in commercial air conditioning and heating equipment techniques.
- Manages the use of contractor personnel to meet workload demands.
- Works with acids, vapors and liquids in systems up to 1, 500-psig pressure.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Note: Subject to overtime, weekend work, shift work and call-in as required.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and electricity.
- Skills and knowledge are certified via a Restricted Maintenance Electricians License or approved equivalent.
- A thorough understanding of the application of low-pressure portions of the National Fuel Gas Code must also be demonstrable.
- Provide supervision valuable and constructive input for employee performance assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose malfunctions and make repairs to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment and other building systems.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technical manuals, building systems drawings and specifications.
- Ability to instruct others communicates effectively and makes independent judgments.
- Ability to meet Company driving standards, including a valid drivers license.
- Satisfactory completion of the Construction and Skilled Trades Test Battery (CAST).
- High School diploma (GED) and over six years work experience in facilities related maintenance work including equipment repair.
- Universal certification in an EPA approved refrigerant transition and recovery program.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster