Business Development Manager - Mass Markets
This sales professional should have existing relationships with senior level decision makers with broker companies. This individual will be responsible for acquiring new business and implementing energy strategies
- Ability to identify, prospect and contact broker partner decision makers in respective businesses and to cultivate broker partner relationships.
- Cultivate relationships with a vast network of broker, consultant, and agent companies across regulated and de-regulated markets.
- Ability to understand and translate market rules for all products/programs that are offered to our customers.
- Develop energy plans and strategies for broker partners, prepare presentations and close both power and natural gas sales transactions.
- Understand customers business objectives, price risk tolerances and work with internal resources to develop energy hedging strategies that match the customer's needs.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to speak in front of groups and C-Level executives and senior decision makers.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Business (Marketing or Finance) or Engineering.
- At least 6 years of experience in energy/electricity markets with an emphasis on marketing and/or sales.
- InDirect Broker energy sales experience in electric and gas commodity, demand response, solar and energy efficiency products.
- Experience and senior level contacts at Broker, Consulting and Agent businesses
- Experience presenting and closing multilevel customers
- Excellent organization and communication skills, the ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and experience using databases
- All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English.