Our client, a respected Alaskan service company, is seeking a Scheduler to work within their facilities located in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Our client is a respected Alaskan service company proud of their beginnings in the state and their interaction with the community. Our client has been in business for almost fifty years and their primary activity is essential to Alaska's economy and central to the state's energy industry.
The Role You Will Play
- The Scheduler works on a regular part-time basis to complete all the oil scheduling and accounting. The primary goal of the Scheduler is to meet the requirements as set forth by policy, procedure or management directive in order for the client to complete their commercial activities.
- Ensure compliance with the Operating Agreement, while remaining in compliance with applicable Federal and state laws and regulations
- Monitor inventory levels and makes decisions to optimize both shipments and on-hand inventory
- Oversee the pipeline and refinery nomination process
- Ensure monthly nominations are balanced and communicated
- Oversee the weekly vessel scheduling process
- Ensure weekly vessel nominations are completed and communicated
Required Background Profiles
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a regular full- time basis without restrictions
- A High School Diploma/GED is required; a Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Must have 5-10 years of oil scheduler experience including, but not limited to, upstream and pipeline nominations experience, inventory management and volume allocation of different carriers
- Knowledge of pipeline industry, pipeline operations, common carriers, and shippers
- Experience with IOMS/Polaris oil accounting software
- Proficient in the use of office software such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and background check
Preferred Background Profiles
- 10+ years of midstream or downstream experience specifically in Alaska is highly preferred