Our client, THE market leading infrastructure and construction asset management consultancy is looking for a Commercial Manager for a major underground civil engineering project in Reading.
Global infrastructure & construction asset management consultancy with a turnover of f2bn, 20,000 staff and access to the most significant infrastructure projects, with Blue Chip clients across the World. Renowned for supporting career progression and attainment of professional qualifications through delivery on complex projects whilst providing a flexible working environment and an unrivaled and comprehensive benefits package.
Exceptional candidate's with the following experience should apply
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages/contracts utilising NEC3
- MRICS and extensive experience and or CIPS with an in depth experience of maintaining contract compliance and driving value through the supply chain within complex construction projects
- Manage and build collaborative relationships with suppliers, monitoring and reporting their performance and compliance.
- Prepare recommendations for interim payments to suppliers in accordance with contract requirements and produce payment certificates for sign off by the appropriate Project Manager.
- Provide post contract award commercial services for both 'goods' and 'services' up to and including Final Account.
- Maintain financial impact assessments for instructed change.
- Negotiate on financial impacts of Compensation Events with suppliers
- Maintain the project data sets to achieve consistency, accuracy and alignment.
- Assist cost and expenditure planning / benchmarking (including the completion of Data Capture Analysis (DCA) sheets) in accordance with client process.
- Support cost management, trending estimating and forecasting to the project.
- Analyse cost performance data and provide relevant input for monthly performance reports.
- Support management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance.
- Manage the impact of inflation currencies and exchanges into forecasting and aligned with tracking indices.
- Carry out cost impact analysis of proposed changes to scope/schedule.
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation of cost reports and analysis on a Work Breakdown Structure /Activity basis, identifying areas of learning and any recommendations for efficiency improvement.
- Work with the client teams to integrate commercial activities.
- Identify areas of cost risk including mitigation measures and opportunity and keep the Risk Manager informed of contingency drawdown / returns.
- Work with the Procurement Manager to develop robust and optimal Procurement Plan and strategies.
- Work with the contract team to ensure correct and robust contractual terms are built into contracts.
For further information, please Email a copy of your CV along with your contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org