SZC Programme Engineering Lead - Enabling Works
EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. EDF are recruiting for a Programme Engineering Lead - Enabling Works to work on the new Sizewell project.
This engineering programme covers the delivery of design for a construction programme estimated to be around £500M in value.The following engineering delivery is expected:
- Site Establishment of the Main Site (~35 Ha) with development of Earthworks, Roads &Networks and Construction Electrical systems (40MVA) including some technical challenges such as a Cut-off wall and management of design in highly congested area,
- Site Establishment of the Temporary Contractors Area with a design of compounds, temporary buildings, a Railway terminal, bridges and Borrow pits.
- Site Establishment of the Ancillary Construction Area with a site entrance plaza and worker accommodation campus
- Maritime access with a marine off-loading facility
- Preparation of the preliminary work on Main Site
Accountable for the content of SZC Engineering Enabling Work Programme and ensuring its completeness, including:
- Defining the strategy to obtain and deliver the different design packages with the appropriate quality and cost
(design and construction costs)
- Ensuring consistency with the other SZC programmes
- Capturing and implementing the lessons learned from the HPC project into the SZC programme
- Ensuring all the relevant regulations are fully addressed in the programme
- Ensuring the Enabling Works programme is consistent with the milestones of the SZC project
- Defining the relevant organisation and level of engineering (technical surveillance/ engineering coordination) with the support of Construction Engineering, Design Authority and Responsible Designer in France
- Managing the progression of the engineering work
- Reporting the progress (KPI, milestones, open points, risks) to the Head of SZC Engineering
Strong Experience in design management and coordination on large multi-discipline infrastructure projects including having been exposed to contract management,
- Understanding of the RD organisation
- Extensive experience in the design and management of Enabling works for major infrastructure projects;
- Significant industry construction experience in the field of civil engineering;
- Enhanced organisational skills;
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively manage multi-disciplinary teams;
- Typically degree qualified or equivalent in a related discipline;
- Membership of a relevant Professional Institution (eg. MICE);
- General professional qualities as accuracy, tenacity, result-oriented and teamwork-oriented attitude,diplomacy;
and The individual would preferably be vetted to at least a basic level (BPSS) and would have past experience in similar a role.
- Experience in UK, European
By joining EDF Energy you will be part of a company committed to equality. We are proud to be one of only three organisations in the UK to gain the National Equality Standard, the country's most comprehensive assessment of diversity & inclusion. We'll support your career through our state of the art approach to learning, development and knowledge sharing through our Campus network. We offer a defined benefit pension scheme based on career average earnings, in addition to leave and benefits that help you feel good.