Project Engineer – E&IC
Airswift UK Engineering division are please to be entering the market for a Project Engineer who is a specialist in Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls. This role will be working local to the North West of England with some travel to sites around the UK.
Project Engineer- Electrical, Instrument and Controls
To carry out the initial technical and contractual review of tender inquiries and prepare them into high quality estimates for submission to external clients for projects within the water industry. Provide engineering and commercial support with the delivery of projects.
Size of projects- range up to f4m
- To prepare estimates in a logical and precise manner to the highest quality and engineering standards in the required timeframes. To liaise closely with both internal and external suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain competitive quotations and relevant information for the tender document.
- To carry out thorough take-offs in a manner that will provide as much detail as possible for the purpose of tender reviews prior to tender submission.
- To positively contribute to profitable performance and assist in financial control of contracts through the application of innovative ways of working and technical solutions. To attend and play an active role in kick-off meetings, site visits, team meetings and tender review meetings with clients, ensuring that information is communicated back to the business and other team members.
- To manage the effective delivery of specified projects to time and cost targets by personal leadership and through members of the team.
- To assist the PM in compliance with CDM, SHE and Quality standards on relevant project activities by personal leadership and through members of the team.
- To maintain and improve customer satisfaction by seeking and responding constructively to feedback.
- To assist the PM in producing project commercial CVR's for projects/contracts within area of responsibility.
- To ensure that effective plant, tool and test equipment, security and traceability systems are established at all sites/locations
- To assist the PM with development of the project programme
- To assist the site manager with forecasting of labour allocation
- To assist the QS with project set up and cost allocation
- To procure instrumentation, materials and management of subcontractors
- To provide supervision of design and ensure integration of design requirements across all project disciplines
Electrical/electronic engineering qualifications such as a degree, HNC, ONC or City and Guilds qualifications.
Formal management training such as APM or Prince.
Job Related Experience
Awareness of contract management, including estimating.
Construction site management experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- The job holder shall possess previous experience of estimating packages of work to the highest standards of quality, engineering and 'best practice' required within the utilities industries.
- Experience in the use of SEC estimating software, or similar.
- The job holder shall be able to demonstrate effective communication, negotiating and influence skills that enable them to work at all levels within the organisation.
- Good knowledge of current relevant Estimating and Commercial practice, including basic knowledge of the practical application of contract law.
- Good knowledge of Project Engineering practices.
- Good knowledge of HSE systems and compliance.
- Good knowledge of QA systems and compliance.
- Good knowledge of CDM requirements
- High level of computer literacy.
For further information on this role please contact Paul Murphy at Airswift.