Senior Mechanical Engineer, (Water) - Warrington, UK
CH2M are looking for staff who delight in developing multi-disciplinary detailed design solutions with the construction team and enjoy working in the fast moving pace of the design-and-construct arena. This is an excellent opportunity for a Process Mechanical Engineer to join our expert and established Water Business Team in Warrington.
The principal function of the Process Mechanical Engineer role is to provide support to the Water Business Group in the works we undertake on the UU CDP programme.
• Preparing, reviewing and checking necessary calculations and design
• Liaison with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business and cooperation with engineers and designers across other disciplines
• Mentoring and development of team engineers and technicians
• Participation in foreign business trips
• Continued Professional Development
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Essential experience required includes producing/reviewing feasibility studies, detailed design and calculation, value engineering, HAZOP & DSEAR studies, specification and selection of process equipment, tender assessments, and reports as well as undertaking site inspections and asset condition assessments. In addition, experience is required in producing/reviewing project documentation Designer's Risk Assessments, engineering specifications, data sheets, P&IDs, plant layout drawings, technical schedules.
• A detailed knowledge in the field of mechanical engineering design and installation, specialising in the Water Industry, in particular significant experience of producing mechanical design for pumping stations and water/wastewater treatment works, in particular pumping systems design and calculation.
• Specific experience in the Water Industry, design experience according to UK codes and standards would be an advantage
• Design and construction experience in a multidisciplinary, multi-company environment is essential
• Supervision of mechanical installations on site and commissioning mechanical plant would be an advantage
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Chartered Engineer
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Job Location CH2M, WarringtonWarrington, GB
View on Google maps