Electrical Designer - Substation Project - Phoenix, AZ
Progressive Global Energy is looking to hire an Electrical Designer for a substation project in Phoenix, AX. The designer will be responsible for performing physical design on various high-voltage (69-550kV) substation projects. If you are interested in the position, please view the specification below and submit your resume for review.
*Please do not call in response to this message, I will respond to your updated resume within 24 hours.
Company Name: Contract through Progressive Global Energy
Job Title: Electrical Designer
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Target Hourly Rate: $30-35/hr
Per Diem: No
Working Hours: Fulltime
Contract Length: 12 Months to extension
Duties/responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare/create a full range of construction documents for the installation of new, or modifications of existing, substations. Work includes bill of materials, yard layouts, plans, sections and electrical details;
- Provide engineering and construction support for projects;
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with project manager and others as needed;
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members;
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of one's work;
- Able to execute assignments with minimal guidance;
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in physical design of air or gas insulated substations.
Knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Substation physical layout and electrical clearances;
- Substation raceway design;
- Relevant codes and standards such as NEC, NESC, IEEE, NEMA and ANSI.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and to coordinate the work of various engineering disciplines and contractors to complete an integrated project.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field. Must have mastered detailing skills and have demonstrated basic knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
- Proficient in at least one type of CAD system and capable of working in other software packages when necessary. Routinely uses higher-level commands, time saving programs and routines.
- Previous consulting, utility or field experience desirable.
- Valid driver's license required.