Senior Project Manager - Byron Nuclear Station, Byron, IL
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Senior Project Manager needed at Exelon's Byron Station in Byron IL (Western, IL)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage projects, initiation through closeout, as assigned and within the parameters of cost, quality, schedule and objectives. Provide leadership for project team members and the Project Management process. Position generally used for projects requiring integration of multiple functional organizations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage the detailed scope, quality, performance, schedule and budget of assigned project(s).
- Direct the Project Team and integrate all resources.
- Ensure Contract Administration on contract(s) as required, including proper closeout of projects as well as post-project critique and lessons learned
- Ensure stakeholder review and buy-in of intermediate and final project deliverables.
- Provide communication to NGG and site or corporate management for assigned / proposed projects.
- Provide development, evaluation and recommendation on contracted services and materials.
- Coach and mentor other project managers and cross-functional support personnel fostering continuous improvement
- Bachelor degree in Technical or Management Discipline with 10 years overall experience of which 6 years have been as a project team member.
-12 years of directly applicable industry experience, 6 years of which must be in the field of management of projects
- Minimum of 5 years experience in supervision or management of projects or Grade E04 Manager experience.
- PMP Certification (within 18 months of starting position)
- PE Certification
- MBA or financial budget experience
- FLS/Managerial experience
- Works independently and mentors other project managers. Responsible for the pursuit of cost reductions and maximizing value on all assigned projects. Responsible for project communications and required negotiations with internal and external organizations. Directly accountable for the management of projects with an aggregate annual cash flow of over $3 million.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster IND-1