EHS Engineer act as the EHS contact and provide expert support for the areas assigned by the the EHS Manager and also act as the Fire Safety Deputy and Industrial Safety contact for the site.
- Initiate and execute EHS goals in line with the Business requirements
- Responsible for introducing, executing and controlling Environmental, Health and Safety programs in compliance with local (including ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001) and GE requirements
- Coordinate and execute site EHS projects
- Prepare presentations and all work related documentation using GE systems (i.e.: Gensuite)
- Coordinate and execute housekeeping inspections, including finding closure follow up
- Develop effective safety communication plans utilizing various multi-media methods
- Day-to-day interaction with hourly and salaried population to promote safety programs and accident prevention
- Make contact with local authorities
- Complete annual self-inspection modules, environmental and health & safety framework scorecard elements as assigned
- Support manufacturing in all EHS fields, contact for EHS representatives
- Complete EHS related training requirements
- Take up ownership of Element 4 (Emergency Preparedness and Response) and Element 11 (Contractor Management).
- Manage Fire Prevention and Industrial Safety (SKET) activity
- Manage the EHS Risk Assessment process
- Coordinate and support all element owners/co-owners
- Take part in R&D implementation projects
- Health and Safety Engineer degree
- Fire Safety Specialist (tűzvédelmi főelőadó)
- Fluency in English and Hungarian (written and oral)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Relevant experience in EHS field (Fire Safety)
- Lifting equipment coordinator
- On hands experience in Electrical Safety and/or ATEX environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Technical mindset