Country Sales & Market Development Manager, Renewable Energy
The role is responsible for driving profitable growth in the Renewable Energy portfolio through increasing sales of GE's world class wind turbines and services. The successful candidate will maintain existing customer relationships, develop new clients and demonstrate an ability to work closely with product management, services, supply chain, finance, commercial operations, projects and GAP throughout the emerging wind markets of ASEAN, with a key focus on Indonesia, Philippines, and Malaysia.
- Identify and create close working relationships with all key personnel at assigned accounts and develop a thorough understanding of their renewable energy strategies and needs.
- Promote a customer-centric mindset within the Renewable Energy business.
- Provide commercial and technical assistance to assigned accounts and foster the development of their renewable energy strategies.
- Ensure GE wind products and services have favorable consideration.
- Understand the impact of national and regional market drivers, financing and competitiveness of GE's Wind products and services.
- Identify project issues early and anticipate competitor moves.
- Stay current with the development of GE's new Wind Power products and services and effectively communicate their value to clients.
- Identify, develop, and close sales opportunities.
- Identify, understand, and communicate to the Renewable Energy business, critical customer issues.
- Work effectively in a team environment with broader on-shore wind team.
- Participate in and support renewable energy trade shows, conferences, and other market development activities.
- Support and participate in additional GE Power activities such as Cross-Business Lead Sharing and Net Promoter Score or related activities.
- Maintain accurate and current project and opportunity information within SalesForce and manage the ITO (Inquiry to Order) process for assigned accounts.
- Be accountable for orders, pricing / profitability, risk, terms & conditions, and customer satisfaction.
- Work with government, clients, grid agencies and multi-lateral agencies to develop tariffs and other support mechanisms for wind energy projects.
- Industry experience and a bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or business.
- Practical understanding of: current and emerging requirements of the renewable energy and power generation markets; and customer financial drivers and needs.
- Proven track record and minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in power generation equipment sales or completion of a GE leadership program.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and focus on priorities.
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment and work in a matrix organization. Strong communication skills and confidence with executive level presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and negotiation skills; ability to work with colleagues and customers at all levels of the organizations.
- Flexible travel schedule.
- Key measurements will include:
- Performance relative to assigned accounts and region Operating Plan (orders, margin, cash, Region Sales Leader objectives)
- Performance to Goals & Objectives (developed in cooperation with Region Sales Leader)
- Orders forecasting and SalesForce accuracy
- Quality and accuracy of "Strategy to Win" plan developed for Risk Reviews
- Demonstration of GE Growth Traits
- Support of other regional and GE initiatives
- Management of T&L and other expenses
- Net Promoter Score Activities Participation and Improvement
- Knowledge of related products, services and markets.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, and preferably regional languages.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficiency with PC Applications used in the position.