- Develop and implement EHS strategy to lead the Charleroi site to world class EHS performance
- Manage EHS Team based at the Charleroi site
- Create EHS programs, responsive to the external environment; participate in cross-functional business and cultural development;
- Provide leadership, support and technical guidance to the Charleroi leadership team, to assure programs are developed and effectively implemented providing safe and healthy working environments for employees in Charleroi & at customer sites. and to protect the environment from the adverse effects of environmental contaminates and hazardous wastes;
- Develop, coordinate implemention, and support Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) programs throughout Charleroi Site;
- Improve existing EHS programs to align with GE programs and initiatives, regulatory requirements, and customer expectations;
- Understand regulatory changes and trends and forecast business impacts;
- Lead execution of the Alstom EHS Integration Plan for the Charleroi site
- Team with GE Business and regional teams to share Best Practices to improve the EHS performance of the Region.
- Support site leadership in ensuring that the EHS Culture is adopted by all employees on site
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related EHS field.
- EHS experience, part of it must be in a senior leadership position, with exposure to several EHS areas in a manufacturing environment and possibly project and services
- Formal H&S or Environmental qualification
- Electrical Safety expertise
- Must hold degree in " Prevention Advisor niveau 1 "
- Must be fluent in English and French, any additional languages are a plus.
- must have strong influential skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong integrated team working style
- Ability to identify strategic issues and develop supporting plans / tactics