Manufacturing Shop Operations Manager
Coordinates and supervises all manufacturing activities in the Alstom General Turbo workshops.
The Manufacturing Shop Operations Manager will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Provide total cell / group leadership in the attainment of goals with respect to safety, quality, cost, production and compliance.
- Direct process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization
- Lead cell / group to achieving goals in asset utilization, process / manufacturing loss improvement, delivered quality and cost reduction
- Ensure communication of key business / customer issues to employees
- Direct the manufacturing of production and development of hardware
- Responsible for meeting all established cost, quality, and delivery commitments
- Ensure assigned employees are aware/comply with all GE government, customer and applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Pursue state of the art technology and processes to enhance product / process producibility and delivered quality requirements
- Select, hire, train, develop, and provide ongoing leadership and direction of assigned personnel
- Interface with other organizations and vendors to assure requirements are met on time
- Implement the Manufacturing plans as established by the Value Process Engineering Operation, utilizing processes that will assure highest possible quality products at the lowest possible cost, delivered in accordance to schedule commitments
- Develop necessary business plans to enhance all program requirements; including throughput, labor hours, cycle, cost producibility, and image
- Structure assigned organization and staff positions with personnel to accomplish business objectives
- Provide ongoing supervision and counseling for employees, guiding them in current positions and assisting with career development and training
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Strong experience in a shop leadership position
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing policies and regulations established by GE as well as government and other customers
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, and standard cost systems