Assoc Business Analyst
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform analysis and prepare standard reports to support business operations. ; Conduct basic modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other financial and operational analysis. ; Monitor and coordinate activities to support operational performance management (e. g. , safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc. ). ; Track, maintain, analyze and provide current and relevant information on the operations business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs). ; Support the development of performance reports for both internal and external use. ; Support the short-term and long-range business planning process. ; Provide analytical and operational support to the business unit. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support the short-term and long-range business planning process.
- Conduct basic modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other financial and operational analysis (e. g. , operational effectiveness, budget, resource, workload, workforce and capacity utilization, competitor, etc. ).
- Develop and provide relevant statistical information to ensure the most effective utilization of personnel, equipment and/or materials for business operations.
- Monitor and coordinate the business units activities to support operational performance management (e. g. , safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc. ).
- Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operations business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Perform analysis of the operations cost elements to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Prepare and analyze standard reports.
- Support the development of detailed performance reports for both internal and external use.
- Provide analytical and operational support to the business unit.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering AND 0 - 2 years relevant business experience, or in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 4 - 8 years relevant business experience is required.
- Basic understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position (e. g. , asset management, electric or gas operations, customer service, transmission and substation, distribution system operations, regulatory and external affairs, transmission operations and planning).
- Basic proficiency in standard software applications (e. g. , Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), business technologies and specialized business applications (e. g. , workforce management, project management, PassPort, Brio, CIS, EPS, Business Objects, SAP planning, business modeling, forecasting, voice response unit, automatic call distributors, work management, outage management).
- Ability to provide basic analysis and apply managerial accounting concepts, customer intelligence gathering, forecasting, staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
- Basic analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of departmental projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. ; Limited experience in business case development.
- Customer driven with good oral and written communications skills and basic analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance. ; Ability to analyze organizational data and basic problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action.
- This is an individual contributor position that works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- This position is expected to resolve general questions and problems and determines when to refer more complex issue to higher levels.
- May require working extended hours and/or shift work to support business operations.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster