Manufacturing Engineering Manager - NPI and Supply Chain
A manufacturing leader specialising in high technology machines are looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
The main objective of the position is to implement appropriate techniques, Processes and Procedures to evaluate production metrics that will lead to process improvement activities, to ensure a robust and efficient manufacturing environment. Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives that will promote best practice manufacturing solutions. Identify, review and implement appropriate processes for New Products Introduction.
New product Introduction & Supply Chain Management Projects
- Take a lead role in projects that sit in Operations i.e Bespoke customer requirements and Vendor transfers
- Take the lead for Manufacturing Engineering on New Product Introduction to ensure a smooth transition from design to manufacture.
- Liaise with engineers throughout the design cycle and have active input to the design review process, Project plans, advice engineers on BOM structure, part or material availability and specification, DFMA techniques and any other areas to ensure smooth transition of product from design to production.
Production Support and Process Improvement
- Create, implement, and monitor key performance indicators and metrics within the Manufacturing processes
- Lead Continuous Improvement activities that will enhance manufacturing process performance, reliability and quality.
- Develop and implement systems that optimise all phases of production process.
- Produce and maintain production documentation as required, to ensure products are built to the correct quality within the build process.
This Weymouth based company is experiencing a growing demand for their products from within the Printing industry and elsewhere. A well-established and highly profitable business, they treat employees as individuals and reward hard work and good performance.
If you are interested in the role and would like to find out more information then please contact Marcus Mighty as soon as possible on 0117 9388088.