Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer. Location: South East. Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 or £350 - £450 p/day!
Green Recruitment Solutions are working with one of the world’s leading engineering and construction companies who are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their growing team with a focus on Energy from Waste and Process Heavy projects.
You will be responsible for different aspects of the mechanical design process depending on the type of contract awarded to the company and the size of the project.
- Produce and develop designs for mechanical services at various stages of a project from concept to handover. Ensure that designs meet user requirements, cost limits and time scales
- Comply with all approved company procedures including H&S
- Lead and manage internal and external mechanical designers in the production of bids, tenders and full detailed design from concept to handover
- Ensure that designs meet user requirements, cost limits and time scales
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting on the quality of mechanical designs produced by the internal or external mechanical design team
- Prepare estimates for the implementation of mechanical services
- Liaise with the construction supervisor during the design/installation/commissioning phases of the project and assist in construction supervision when required
- Produce tender enquiry documents in respect of contracts for the provision of mechanical services
- Attend meetings when required
- Engineering or Science degree qualified preferred, or HND/HNC plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant engineering experience
- At least 5 years’ demonstrable experience covering a range of engineering and/or technical topics including design, analysis, specification, installation, commissioning and supervision of staff/contractors
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative
- Computer literate
- Possess good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate well at all levels and able to control certain financial aspects of contracts and/or projects
- Experience in the planning, organising and control of sub-contractors, be able to provide services to agreed standards time scales and budgets
- The post holder should possess a current driving licence
- Evidence of continuing professional development and an ongoing commitment to undertake training and studies to meet the demands of both current and future legislation relating to the design of building services
- Hold or aspire to hold Chartered Status and be a Member of one or more relevant professional institutions
- High technology or industrial sector industry experience preferred (this includes energy / pharmaceutical / microelectronics / science and research / nuclear)
- Experience of Quality systems to BS EN ISO 9001