PGD Principal Cyber Security Engineer
PGD Principal Cyber Security Engineer
NextEra Energy (NEE) is seeking an experienced individual to be part of the Engineering & Technical Services (E&TS) team that provides technical support in the area of cyber security and NERC CIP compliance for the non-Nuclear Generating Fleet. Position will report to a Cyber Security Team Leader, under the Controls Fleet Team, and will reside in Juno Beach, Florida. Individual would provide cyber security support for the development of network & control system solutions, site troubleshooting, response to cyber events and life cycle projects.
The position requires decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive engineering and related actives of company. The ability to negotiate is required for critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies. As Principal, demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities of outstanding novelty and/or importance. The candidate shall be responsible for one or more programs of such diversity and scope to be of critical importance to overall company objectives.
As Principal you will be recognized as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Job may include other miscellaneous duties as assigned. Individual would be responsible for the developing complex cyber security solutions, troubleshooting and improving cyber security controls, and supporting PGD O&M and Capital Projects cyber security activities. Demonstrate excellent communications skills to effectively communicate between departmental peer to peer Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) teams. Travel is less than 25%. Be available for 24/7/365 for Emergency Response (CIRT)(SIEM), On-Call night, weekend and holiday telephone support activities.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Provide cyber security support to the Power Generation Division (PGD)
- Develop/Maintain PGD cyber security processes and procedures
- Participation in the development of cyber security solutions to meet corporate standards and/or NERC CIP standards
- Troubleshoot PGD cyber security issues
- Lead/Support cyber security improvement and Life cycle projects
- Preparation of documentation in support of audits and maintaining compliance of PGD Sites in the area of the Corporate and/or NERC CIP Regulations
- Ability to troubleshoot Network Switches, Routers, IPS/IDS on a Plant Control Intrusion Control in fast paced production environment
- Knowledge of the latest standard practices for communication protocols and browser technologies
- Knowledge of third party datalink protocols (Modbus, DNP, ABPLC), that interface to the DCS Control Systems
- Perform and maintain departmental Self Assessments (SAs) summary descriptions, narratives, controls and governing documents
- Oversee annual Cyber Vulnerability Assessment (CVA) activities
- Act as liaison with plant Cyber Security Manager(s) (CSMs) in the coordination of monthly Patch Management Assessment (CIP007) processes
- Monitor Anti-Virus (AV Protection), Network Intrusion Detection System (NIDS) systems, in protection of DCS/ICS process control BCA Asset activities
- Assist with Factory Assessment Testing (FAT) and remote access SSH
- Act as liaison with Compliance Regulatory Organization (CRO) for audit related activities
- Understanding of security principles and in-depth knowledge of cyber security technologies
- Understanding of network architecture and topologies
- Ability to perform on-line monitoring and troubleshooting of cyber security problems.
- Fundamental knowledge of Firewall Rules Security
- Working knowledge and understanding of NERC CIP regulatory standards and processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 11 years of experience of which 4 years are in a leadership position in Information Management , Cyber Security, Internal Auditing, and NERC CIP or Regulatory Compliance
- General knowledge of a typical Distributive Control System (DCS)
- Due to the 24 hour, 7 day per week nature of power generation, night, weekend, and holiday support via telephone or call-out, may be required.
- Travel to sites throughout the United States averages about 25%.
- Six Sigma Certification; Green Belt or higher
- Project Management Certifications (PMI, PMP, PMW, Maximo, Remedy, I&CD , Share Point)
- NERC CIP V5/V6 Audit Certification and/or audit remediation experience
- Information Security Certifications (CSM, CISSP, INL, CCNA, CCNP, Black Start, NERC-CIP)
Our Success Begins With Our People. Come join the NextEra Energy team of over 15,000 employees, located in 26 states, Canada and Spain which provide safe, reliable and affordable electricity to our customers
Technical / Functional Excellence:New/Learning;Quality Tools & Techniques:Competent;Effective Written Communications:Competent;Effective Verbal Communications:Competent;High School Grad / GED:Required;Safety Policy and Practice:Competent;Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Exp:Required;Experience:7 years;Supervisor/Management Experience:0 years;