Civil/Structural Engineer - Buildings
Please send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will possess the following;
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
- A Chartered or Incorporated Member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IStructE/ICE
- Experienced in Structural Engineering with a good level of practical design experience using Eurocodes
- Have recent practical experience of CSC Fastrak Building Designer or other similar analysis and design software.
- Ability to integrate into a team and provide technical management over other members of the structural design team.
- Experienced level of design decision making.
- Experienced working with Contractors during design and construction phases.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the UK.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral.
- Excellent client service focus.
- Exceptional organisational skills and able to multi-task.
- Undertake structural design of industrial projects including Energy (Biomass/EfW), Petrochemical and associated building structures.
- Undertake site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects and prepare technical reports.
- Provide technical expertise in structural design to meet project needs.
- Undertake structural analysis and design using CSC Fastrak Building Designer.
- Undertake structural design of water infrastructure projects as required.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to quality standards.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques.
- Reviewing the work of others and mentor less senior members of the team.
- Complete all work in line with Core Values and in accordance with Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues and have full regard for health and safety requirements.