Materials Engineer/Scientist (Core and Foams)
The Blade Materials team under Vestas Technology, Rotor Engineering is looking for a Core and Foams. Materials Engineer to help develop wind turbine blades. You will work in a multi-cultural team of highlymotivated engineers to create the most cost-effective materials solutions for the demands of the wind turbine industry. Joining this team offers an exciting and challenging opportunity to shape the wind turbine blades of the future.
Rotor, Tower & Control > Rotor Engineering > Structural Engineering & Materials & NDT
The Blade Materials team within Rotor Engineering are responsible for the development and specification of all blade materials within the blade Bill of Materials (BoM). We drive technological developments within these areas to deliver the most competitive blade products in the market.
The successful candidate joining the Blade Materials Team will be focused on driving innovations in the use of core and foams for composite sandwich panels for Vestas blades to improve performance, reliability and cost. The Department is located in on Lem, Denmark and Isle of Wight, UK.
- Understanding and specifying material requirements to meet design and commercial needs
- Development of innovative core and foam solutions, internally and with suppliers, to improve blade
- performance, reliability and cost
- Qualification and approval of materials systems for blade projects
- Material characterisation and analysis of data, including running trials in production environment
- Representing Blades in Material Sourcing Teams
- Some knowledge of core and foams and its specification, including test methods and analysis techniques
- Engineering or Material Science degree (BSc, BEng, MSc, MEng)
- Experience working as a Material Scientist, including with composite materials, desirable
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Green Belt trained desirable
- Commercial experience desirable
- Lab experience desirable
- Pro-active team player who transmits energy and enthusiasm
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Good problem-solving skills, solutions orientated
- Innovative, yet practical thinking
What we offer
We offer an exciting job, a competitive salary & package with excellent opportunities for personal and
professional development. You will work in an inspiring environment with a strong technical commitment at the world's leading wind turbine producer.
Primary work location is either Lem, Denmark or Isle of Wight, UK. Limited travel will be required.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.