Construction Management Intern
The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in specific area of study. Working in a fast-paced, professional setting provides interns with invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment. While working along side and in support of a group of world-class professionals in your chosen field of study.
Reporting directly to an assigned lead Engineer or Project Manager in an office or on a project construction work site, this is a temporary position providing on the job training. Duties provide meaningful work experience and business knowledge to college students in their chosen field.
Located at our Department of Interior project in Washington, DC, the intern will;
- Perform routine aspects of construction management requiring knowledge and application of basic construction principles under close supervision;
- Monitor and document construction work in progress;
- Interface with clients and construction contractors;
- Collect and prepare data for evaluation;
- Perform material quantity takeoffs and evaluate contractor cost proposals;
- Utilize and interpret construction drawings and specifications;
- Assist in the coordination of jobsite activity during the construction phase.
- Provide support to staff members as needed
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in at least their Junior year in a Construction Science or Construction Management curriculum;
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management;
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively with minimal supervision;
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.