Applications Engineer - Electrical Test - Reading
An established manufacturer based in the Reading area are on the lookout for a Technical Engineer/Applications Engineer.
Due to increased workload, a vacancy within the Technical Department has been created which requires a flexible approach. The role will be mainly based within the product design and testing department with focus on providing technical support to customers, sales team members and Production.
The company design, manufacture and sell their products for a wide variety of applications and with offices around the UK they are only looking to grow with over 100 employees currently. They maintain a strong market position through flexibility and continuous innovation with an extensive range of products and are fully committed to the latest technological advances.
- Conducting testing and measurements using existing equipment, including goniophotometry, integration sphere measurements, EMC and thermal testing.
- Preparing reports and analysis of these measurements, including Eulumdat files.
- Constructing and preparing samples for these measurements.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of the technical aspects of luminaire components
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the guides and regulations that relate to the applications
- Contribute insights to product development through the combination of the above
- Providing support to Design and Production regarding wiring connections/layout and BS EN 12464 standards.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient operation of the Technical Department and the company as a whole.
- Be aware of internal procedures and the way communication flows within the organisation.
- Communicate clearly and unambiguously when providing support to those that have requested it.
- Exhibit a positive and flexible approach to the workload.
Salary on offer is up to £35,000
If you are interested in the role and would like to find out more information then please contact Marcus Mighty as soon as possible on 0117 9388088.