BOSS Energy has been retained by a Large Shipyard company to seek a Commercial Manager for their overall operations in GCC. We are seeking a dynamic, innovate and cultured individual that has the experience to oversee the Production across the yard.
- To provide leadership and support to the Commercial Department through implementing vision, mission and strategy as well as leading, directing and controlling Commercial Function.
- Actively conduct business development across the region by fostering strategic relationships with shipping organisations in order to expand.
- Manage on going key customer relationships to support the successful completion of projects, as well as ensure critical customer issues are handled carefully to avoid affecting long-term relationships.
- Ensure a good balance of projects across construction, repair, refits and fleet management as per the organisation’s business objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Management/ Naval Architecture/ Paint Technology or equivalent.
20 years of relevant experience in Commercial activities for ship yard.
- Knowledge of general market and competitors’ offerings
- Knowledge of naval/ commercial ship building and repair techniques, processes and disciplines
- Ability to manage P&L and generate annual budget plans
- Decisiveness and judgement
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to drive organisational climate/culture
- Ability to drive energy and resilience to make a step change in the performance of the business