Piping Support Engineer
Our client is seeking a Piping Support Field Engineer to work on an exciting LNG project near Lake Charles, LA.
The Piping & Support Field Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance, leadership, and supports the field engineering phase and the construction oversight, monitoring, reporting of the Project.
At the direction of Lead Piping Engineer, the Piping & Support Field Engineer accountabilities, responsibilities, and work area may be altered from time to time based on the needs of the organization and the project.
The position will support activities through construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up.
Responsibilities / Duties*:
- Oversee and manage construction activities of piping; piping support; & associated components to ensure compliance with engineering drawings, specifications, environmental guidelines, quality assurance programs and construction safety program
- Perform duties with utmost importance to Safety, Quality and Schedule
- Monitor and ensure proper preservation of piping materials/systems ensuring "Built-It-Clean", "Built-It-Tight" philosophy is implemented
- Monitor, track and submit daily/weekly/monthly construction progress/status report
- Monitor and report receipt of materials on site
- Conduct daily construction walk-downs throughout the day
- Conduct periodic Fabrication Shop visits and submit reports
- Provide Construction/Commissioning Superintendent with Field Engineering support if requested
- Provide Construction/Commissioning Superintendent with inputs for construction/Commissioning planning and management if requested
- Provide mark-up as-built Construction/Commissioning/QA/QC/HSE documents by the EPC Contractor, as required
- Provide proper documentations and reports of observations and findings of non-conformance issues and concerns
- Work closely with other project discipline members
- Collaborate and maintain positive relationship with the EPC Contractor
- Attend safety and construction site walkthrough
- Attend inspection visit in Fabrication shops for Pipe Spools, as required
Performs other duties as assigned (5-10% of duties)
Qualifications: (Degree / Certification / License / Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Require a minimum of 10 year experience in management of major construction projects with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on piping and supports experience in Oil and Gas industry. Experience with LNG, power plants or other large infrastructure construction projects including pre-commissioning experience are a plus.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of environmental & safety requirements, industrial safety practice
- In-depth knowledge of construction best practices/techniques, and construction planning and scheduling
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance & Quality Control best practices
- In-depth knowledge of welding processes including NDT/ PWHT and applicable piping codes and standards
- In-depth knowledge of piping, piping schedules, piping shop fabrication processes and best practices
- In-depth knowledge of engineering, construction and safety codes & standards
- Strong understanding and ability to read and comprehend technical documents such as P&ID, Isometric Drawing, WPS/PQR, Piping Work & Test Packages;
- Strong understanding of piping pneumatic & hydrostatic tests procedures and methods
- Strong understanding of rigging and heavy lifts construction best practices
- Self-starter with proven leadership abilities, strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities
- Team player with ability to influence and manage a team to get positive results
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to present issues, concerns and provide recommendations and solutions to management
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio)
- This position is assigned to a field office and will require working outdoors, resulting in exposure to extremes of heat, cold, noise and dust. Also, will be exposed to normal construction equipment and site hazards. Be able to spend majority of time out in the field, access to confined spaces and elevated work locations, work night shift and weekend as necessary