Senior Instrument & Controls Engineer
You will be reporting to Lead Instrument & Controls Engineer or Project Manager in a project team for execution of projects including design, engineering, reviews and coordination with various multi disciplines.
- Prepare & issue Instrument Basis of Design, Project Specification for DCS, SIS, BMS and PLC systems and Instrumentation required for Packaged Equipment's
- Prepare, Review and approve Instrument data sheets such as Control valve, On-Off Valves, Safety Relief Valves & other field instruments etc. Verify the calculations for the orifice plate bore, Control Valve Cv, and PSV's, etc.
- Prepare, Review & approve Cause & Effect diagram and Logic diagrams. Review and approve all the vendor documents for DCS/SIS/BMS/PLC systems, Instruments and also for Package equipment's
- Prepare and issue Material / Technical Requisition for all instruments, carry out Technical Bid Evaluation and Vendor Documents Review & approval
- Review and approve instrument Index/DCS/SIS/PLC I/O Lists
- Cable schedule, Interconnection wiring drawings, Termination drawings, Junction box schedule, Instrument Hook-up drawings, Material Take off
- Prepare & issue Specification for Instrument cables, Junction boxes, Instrument Installation scope. Review and approve Block diagrams, Control / Rack room layout, Cable route, instrument location plan, Loop drawings
- Review of P&ID's, Isometric drawings and 3-D modelling
- Ensure to adherence of Quality Management System, establish and follow Jacobs QA plans
- Bachelor or Master Engineering degree in Instrumentation & Control
- 12-15 years' design experience in petrochemical/chemical/pharmaceutical or related industry
- Familiar with both International and Local Codes & Standards
- Able to function independently but also in a project team
- Pro-active, Team player, able to communicate direct, open and flexible