Maintenance Tech - Electrician Itinerant
This position may be based at any of our power generation plants located throughout the state of Florida. The purpose of this posting is to ensure that prospective candidates complete all phases of our testing process to become eligible for in-person interviews. Once a candidate successfully completes all pre-testing requirements, they would then need to apply specifically to any individual job posting of interest.
- Performs preventive maintenance to ensure proper functioning of plant equipment:
- Performs testing, overhauls, repair/replacement, and removal/installation of plant electrical equipment, with a focus on circuit breakers and batteries.
- Utilizes/operates various types of test instruments. Uses hand, power, tools/equipment necessary to support a safe and productive work environments.
- Candidates will be required to take and pass the MASS Test and also be Hands-On tested to demonstrate knowledge and craft skills.
- Candidates will also be required to take a pre-placement functional evaluation.
- Work Schedule: Day Shift.
- Travel required for this position within the state of Florida.
Dual Craft Certified:Yes;
- Electrical apprenticeship, vocational certificate or military electrical maintenance training required.
- Proficient in skills and abilities relating to: circuit breakers, batteries, motors, control circuits, transformers, generators, exciters, batteries, raceway installation, and MOV's
Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed:Yes;Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval:Yes;