Senior Account Representative- Glenbard E03 Large Customer Solutions
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Establish, develop and maintain professional relationships with the key managers and decision makers of assigned customer accounts. Leverage internal and external relationships in the development of business plans to meet customer needs regarding service delivery, billing and credit issues.
Perform account management tasks, i. e. creation of Business Plans, development of critical facility information, monitor billing/ credit issues, secure load response commitments, process new business requests, respond to reliability issues, provide outage management information, maintain accounts in Customer Relationship Management database. ; Be available for after-hour duty responsibilities.
Provide open communication with customers concerning: Rate changes, Customer Choice, Energy Efficiency Programs and emergency response to drive and improve customer satisfaction.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Act as single point of contact to Large Commercial and Industrial customers to improve customer satisfaction. ; Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating the work of multiple departments to affect the installation of new or expansion of existing electric service, presentation and execution of all appropriate service contracts and associated paperwork (where applicable), and coordinating restoration and analysis of interrupted service, including providing 24/7 on-call accessibility. 30%
- Establish and develop strong professional relationships with the decision makers and key managers of assigned accounts with the intent of implementing customer load management strategies, which benefit the company through providing curtailment during peak load periods. 15%
- Create Key Account Business Plans and develop critical customer facility information to maintain record of customer information and business overview. ; Gather relevant information regarding service issues, equipment overview, on-site generation, etc. ; 20%
- Effectively manage outstanding customer debt with the timely resolution of billing and credit issues. Proactively establish customer payment procedures, which minimize exposure to bad debt and maximize the companys margin. ; 10%
- Communicate company policies and procedures to the customer regarding rates and riders, including changes and additions that could impact the customers energy management and purchasing. 5%
- Input and maintain all specific and pertinent customer information utilizing Customer Relationship Management database for use in gathering intelligence on customer operations. 5%
- Mentor E01 Associate Account Representatives and E02 Account Representatives. ; Perform special projects and assignments. 15%
- Bachelors degree with 5-8 years experience, or in lieu of bachelors degree, must have minimum of 9-12 years of diverse business experience, either internally or externally. ; Emphasis should be in customer service and sales.
- Thorough written and oral communication skills, technical and financial aptitude, proficient computer skills, strong relationship building, sales and negotiation experience, and customer service orientation. ; Works independently with guidance on only the most complex situations.
- Job requires a valid drivers license and use of personal vehicle. ; Ability to fulfill scheduled and unscheduled after-hours duty responsibilities.
- Bachelors Degree is strongly preferred, in the business or engineering field.
- Work routinely involves internal and external issues that require superior resolution regarding customer satisfaction, electric service delivery and billing/credit issues. Contact requires tact, persuasiveness, and coordination capabilities to facilitate this work process.
- Daily activities are direct in nature with an emphasis on providing assigned customers a single point of contact termed " Total Account Management. " This requires the account manager to possess a comprehensive knowledge of company rates, riders, departmental roles and responsibilities, policies, work practices and safety to affectively align customer needs with company resources.
- Based on a Tiered Structure, a Sr. Account Representative manages between 50- 120 customer accounts. ; The following account distribution applies:
- Tier 1 Customer Accounts- A range of 10 - 25 customers
- Tier 2 Customer Accounts- A range of 10 - 25 customers
- Tier 3 Customer Accounts- A range of 30 - 60 customers
- Able to assume responsibilities that exhibit leadership qualities.
- Demonstrate ability to take leadership roles on cross-functional teams, i. e. , organizational projects and assignments.
- Demonstrate ability to support E02 Account Representatives as back up during absence from storm duty, vacations, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to support Regional Manager by assuming leadership role during vacations, MRM, etc.
Demonstrate ability to maintain Regional Lead positions, i. e. , IPP Coordination, DSO Coordinator, Priority Filter, Rate Mentor, Safety Coordinator, etc.
Demonstrate ability to effectively mentor Account Representative and Associate Account Representative.
- Ensure safe work performance.
- Additional individual job development and value added activities are expected.
- Budgetary management and impact is minimal
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster