Business Development Manager - C&I Gas
Join our Constellation team and become part of Exelon's competitive retail and wholesale energy business. Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and De Pere.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy. Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service. Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
The is a Business Development role that will be selling Natural Gas services to Commercial & Industrial prospect clients in the state of Texas. We are open to have the new hire be based from one of the following cities: Houston, Dallas, Austin or San Antonio. This role will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Drive sales results for C&I Gas in order to achieve gross margin quotas.
- Cultivate customer relationships with respective Fortune 500 companies within regional, national, public sector or other segment as defined by leader.
- Develop energy plans and strategies for Fortune 500 companies, prepare presentations and close sales transactions.
- Understand customers business objectives, price risk tolerances and work with internal resources to develop energy hedging strategies that match the customer's needs.
- Drive unified sales platform by understanding core products (power and gas) in detail and by leveraging technical expertise to drive sales of alternative products (e.g. demand response, solar, energy efficiency).
- Be a champion for the organizations values and the Constellation Difference through demonstrating values-based behaviors on a consistent basis.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business (Marketing or Finance) or Engineering.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, the ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify, prospect and contact high-level decision makers in respective businesses and to cultivate client relationships
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to speak in front of groups and C-Level executives and senior decision makers
- All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English.
- 2 years of experience in consultative sales in industries such as financial services, insurance services, real estate, and energy services
- Demonstrated experience with sales CRM solutions
- Demonstrated ability to learn new markets and drive results.