At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Join our Exelon Business Services Company (BSC) to be part of a diverse and inclusive team that provides best-in-class professional services and adds exceptional value to Exelon
s family of companies. We provide financial, human resource, legal, information technology, supply management, communications, and corporate governance services.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Analyst ExGen Tax will support the Senior Manager ExGen Tax in providing tax advisory services to Exelon's generation, wholesale, and retail energy businesses. The responsibilities of this position will include research and writing, project execution, economic analysis, modeling, preparation of technical calculations, preparation of Federal and state tax returns as well as providing support to the other tax functions
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform activities supporting tax advisory services to the generation, retail, and wholesale businesses including interfacing with the SALT and Federal Tax Planning Groups to identify issues and support modeling of proposed planning opportunities.
- Research tax treatment of all types of transactions entered into by the business (including financial products).
- Prepare and document the computation of book/tax differences used in arriving at taxable income for the forecast, tax provision, and tax return. Preparation of tax returns and supporting workpapers at the Federal and state levels.
- Analyze and model the tax impacts of proposed transactions as well as potential new tax legislation.
- Analyze and model changes to federal and state tax laws.
- Coordinate with the Federal and SALT planning and accounting groups regarding implementation of tax strategies.
- Undergraduate Accounting or other financial discipline
- 2 years or more of professional tax experience focusing on large publicly traded corporations, including a combination of industry and public accounting experience
- Familiarity with all major areas of federal and state tax law affecting Exelon
- Federal and state tax compliance experience
- Appreciation of the impact of taxes on the financial statements
- Good research, writing, and communication skills
- 40 hours of ongoing annual continuing professional education will be required of all professionals in the Department (at the Company
- Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification and/or advanced degree (MST)
- Reports directly to the Senior Manager ExGen Tax.
- The Tax Department
s primary office is in Chicago, Illinois with travel among the office/business unit locations in the Chicago suburbs, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor