Autonomous Driving Test Analyst
- Coordinate additional internal and external resources necessary for testing.
- Operate and ensure safety of development autonomous vehicles during testing on closed courses and operation on public roads.
- Document test results and ensure appropriate level of information is communicated to subsystem engineers.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of test plans and best test practices, ensuring safety is the top priority.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and administration of an operator training program for vehicle operators, test engineers/analysts, and our software development team.
- Assist with vehicle logistics, such as movement, storage, washing, fueling and data on-boarding/off-boarding.
- Two (2) years college with courses in computer science, mathematics, or other related engineering courses, plus a minimum of two (2) years of related experience in data reduction and analysis, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience for a minimum total of four (4) years.
- Licensed, experienced and competent driver
- Ability to drive for 6-8 hours a day
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- BS/BA Degree
- Experience in automotive testing, including experience with automotive CAN bus and vehicle diagnostic tools
- Experience developing test methods and best practices
- Ford proving grounds Tier II certified
Lifting - less than 50lbs- 25%
Special clothing/equipment - PPE (safety glasses, slip resistant hardened toe shoes, hearing protection in designated areas) - 100%
Sitting (90%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), stooping (25%)
Exposure to high noise areas possible in test facility - 25%
Inside, office environment- 20%
Inside a vehicle- 90%
Exposure to test equipment- 25%
Will require travel- up to 100% of the time
Equipment and Machines
Computers, fax machines, copiers, telephones - 70%
Occasional use of hand tools - 25%
Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with possible weekend and after-hour support as needed
Attendance and punctuality are critical - 100%
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary. Must have flexibility of work days to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.