VEV Signoff Engineer
- Lead programs through the GPDS gateways/milestone
- Manage all VEV Engineering Signoff activities for multiple programs
- Setup and managing of program in eFDVS, drive teams to meet DVP gateway deliverables and report weekly status in PST meetings
- Lead VEV Signoff meetings, communications, and cadence to ensure on time program delivery for all gateways/ milestones (PS=>FEC)
- Ability to recognize and drive resolution of cross-functional issues to achieve deliverables
- Develop weekly management presentations to clearly communicate status and necessary recovery plans
- Ability to present status of the program to senior management (CPE-Exec) when LL6 is out of office
- Follow up FEC contained issues in support of LR, manage Chief Declaration approvals and prepare official program signoff documentation per FAP's
- Manage program deviations for requirements not met
- Manage Global Integrator assessments for VEV deliverables
- BSEE, BSME, BSCE or BS in a scientific discipline from an accredited institution and a minimum of one (1) year of engineering experience OR a MS degree in a scientific discipline from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated track record of leading and successfully delivering projects and with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively interface at all levels of the organization and comfortable speaking and working with Director level management
- Candidates should have high degree of self-motivation and willingness to commit extra effort to get job done.
- Candidates should have experience in leading teams through product development process, deliverables management and cross functional issue resolution
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communication clearly, is proactive and organized; excellent written and verbal communication skills; outstanding people skills
- Excellent Computer Skills - advanced usage of Microsoft Products; Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to train, coach and mentor a team to improve technical competency
- Five (5) years' experience in a similar automotive position
- Ford experience and working knowledge with GPDS process and key engineering systems/tools such as: eFDVS, WERS, AVBOM, Teamcenter, E2KS, Integrator system, etc...
Lifting - less than 50lbs- 25%
Special clothing/equipment - PPE (safety glasses, slip resistant hardened toe shoes, hearing protection in designated areas) - 100%
Sitting (75%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), stooping (25%)
Inside, office environment, test lab - 100%
May require occasional local travel- 10%
Equipment and Machines
Computers, fax machines, copiers, telephones - 100%
Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with possible weekend and after-hour support as needed
Attendance and punctuality are critical - 100%
Other Essential Functions
Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.