Quality Control - St E Infra Inspector
As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sectors and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Reporting to the Construction Project Manager, this is a site based Construction Manager as Agent (CMa) position that interacts directly with the General Contractor performing site infrastructure improvements to support campus development. This role ensures that the scope of work conforms to the contract drawings and specifications while maintaining oversight of site operations, quality, compliance with codes/standards, schedule performance, and safety.
• Demonstrate technical competence, skill and knowledge of building assemblies, systems and interfaces.
• Interpret construction drawings and specification and provide technical assistance and recommendations related to all disciplines/aspects of the work.
• Contribute to construction progress meetings on matters related to manpower, schedule performance, quality and safety.
• Coordinate construction activity and key interfaces with ongoing facility operations.
• Support Commissioning activities including oversight of Contractor check/start/test activities and functional performance testing.
• Review shop drawings and verify that delivered/installed products conform to approved submittals and the contract requirements.
• Assist the project team in the resolution of field issues including input related to construction alternatives.
• Review Contractor RFI and provide input to the A/E as necessary to expedite responses.
• Coordinate and oversee specialized testing and inspections including maintenance of associated record documents.
• Conduct daily inspections and prepare written daily reports.
• Capture and catalog photographs of work in progress.
• Contribute to the assembly of monthly progress/status reports with field-level input.
• Monitor Contractor performance against established schedules and document deviations from as-planned work sequences.
• Assist in the evaluation of Contractor Change proposals on matters of entitlement and price reasonableness.
• Validate Contractor pay application progress percentages and provide recommendations for approval/revision to the Construction Manager.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of safety procedures, practices and standards.
• Interface with building personnel to coordinate outages, pre-testing, and service tie-ins
- Background in general construction trades required
- 5 years of site infrastructure improvement inspection experience required
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, building personnel, contractors and consultants required.
- Supervisory and/or journeyman experience in the construction trade preferred
- Certificate in discipline field is preferred
- Strong computer software skills within the Microsoft Suite of tools (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.