The Business Manager supports JE Program Director/Manager or JE Program VP on all levels of Client and Management reporting and interfaces with Client Program Management. This position manages all Project Services activities to include Cost, Planning & Scheduling, Estimating, Contracts and Supply Management. As applicable, manages Project Accounting activities, commercial issues, facility management, IT issues and other business services within the program or major project.
- Business Management
- Coordinate client financial reporting, asset allocation WBS structure, cash outlook and currency forecasting.
- In conjunction with Project Director/Manager, serves as focal point to coordinate with the Client for claims, disputes and financial issues.
- Highlight issues regarding output of deliverables and ensures all contractual obligations are met.
- Provides support to the Project Director/Project Manager to help with ad-hoc reports for internal and external reporting.
- Provide project financial information to support Jacobs rolling forecast and business planning.
- Project Controls
- Provide oversight and guidance on project financial targets to maximize margins.
- Establish and report performance against client KPI's.
- Work with the PM to ensure final close-out reports are completed to capture metric information including any client closeout metric information.
- Project closeout and archive as per contractual terms and conditions and Jacobs' PISOPS.
- Oversee EPC project contractual obligations. Coordinate with Contract Management and Legal when interpreting commercial compliance and liabilities.
- Liaison with respective departments to ensure contractual certificates are obtained and valid to include required letters of credit, insurance liability certificates, tax certificates and confidentiality agreements.
- Ensure all necessary insurances, guarantees and licenses are in place for in country and out of country work as per the master contract terms and conditions.
- Assist Supply Management in procurement strategy plans to ensure alignment with the master EPC schedule and contractual flow downs for terms and conditions for vendors.
- Ensure procurement documents include the correct "ROS" dates per the master EPC schedule.
- Ensure procurement expenditures align with the client's approved cash flow.
- Construction Management
- Assist Subcontract Administration/Project Manager in developing subcontracting strategy plans to ensure alignment with the master EPC schedule with Jacobs' contractual flow- downs for terms and conditions for subcontractors.
Ensure subcontract payments align with the client's approved cash flow and type of subcontract (ex: T&M, unit price, fixed price, etc).
- Oversee project controls efforts to establish the clients approved control budget prior to executing each subcontract package.
- Ensure the AWP process is followed for the construction scope of work.
- Work with Accounting to facilitate reviewing invoices, minimize past due and unbilled amounts while addressing contractual issues and resolving billing disputes in coordination with the Program Director and Legal Department.
- Assist and coordinate with Accounting & Tax Departments to ensure compliance with intercompany work authorizations (IWA) obtained when providing labor services between U.S. and other countries (e.g. UK, Singapore, China).
- Assist client with tax reconciliation and support with refunds from relevant authorities.
- Business Development
- Work with Business Development/Sales to support the proposal efforts.
- Utilize historical data and metrics to facilitate development of Pro-services estimates.
- Work with MOPs/Business Development for proposing commercial terms and margin forecasts.
- Work in coordination with Sales/PMs to identify resources to support the project.
- Serves as focal point for office needs to include management of space allocation and IT requirements for the project for both Jacobs and Client.
- Liaison with corporate Global Mobility to obtain visas, work permits and security clearances, assignment conditions etc. for out of country work (e.g. Mexico, India).
- Assist with logistical issues of offices and infrastructure in a new country.
- Assists in maintaining project financial targets; managing Project Controls, Cost, Scheduling & Estimating
- Assists Project Director / Manager with providing oversight of Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) project contractual obl igations; coordinating with Contract Management group on interpreting contract language and commercial compliance between all departments
- Monitors issues regarding output of deliverables and execution of contractual obligations
- Responsible for monitoring Accounting to ensure invoices are submitted timely, payments are received, and any contract/invoice issues are resolved
- In conjunction with Project Director/Manager, serves as focal point to coordinate with Client on any financial disputes and issues
- Liaisons with Business Development and Legal regarding contract and commercial issues to include internal & client audit reviews
- Coordinates with Project Director & Corporate management regarding Press Release activities
- If entering a new country, works with respective Corporate functions (e.g. HR, Legal, Procurement) to obtain visas, work permits, company registrations as required, security clearances, assignment conditions, export compliance etc.
- Liaison with Legal, Tax, Treasury, & Insurance ensuring contractual requirements are met with respect to items such as Letters of Credit, insurance certificates, tax certificates etc.
- Serves as focal point for office needs to include management of space allocation and IT requirements for the project for both Jacobs and Client
- Assists as required with logistical issues of new offices and infrastructure in new countries
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree Required
- 15 + years experience in Project Controls
- At least 4 years in a Business Manager level role is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the USA for any employer other than your current employer