Instruments and Controls (ICA) Engineer/ Water - Warrington, UK
The principal function of this position is to provide support to the Water Business Group in the works we undertake on the UU CDP programme of works we undertake as part of C2V+.
CH2M is in a Joint Venture with Volker Stevin (the Joint Venture is known as C2V+) that has been successful in securing one of the Construction Delivery Partner (CDP) positions with United Utilities. The CDPs are a key element to United Utilities strategy for the delivery of their AMP6 investment plan and for fulfilling their commitment to provide class leading service to their customers.
United Utilities is one of the largest water and sewerage companies in England; both in terms of population and geographical spread.
As a result, C2V+ is getting the opportunity to deliver a varied portfolio of work that encompasses Water and Wastewater treatment plant upgrades and improvement works to both the wastewater collection and potable water distribution systems.
The capital value of the delivery projects covers a wide range; some are in the £40m+ bracket through to those at around the £1m.
We are looking for staff who delight in developing multi-disciplinary detailed design solutions with the construction team and enjoy working in the fast moving pace of the design-and-construct arena.
The specific requirements of this role are to prepare and support electrical tender, outline and detailed design solutions associated with the delivery of our UU CDP framework.
The team operate as a co-located team and you can expect to be involved in the refurbishment of treatment works, pipework, layout development, pumping stations, outfalls etc. You will also gain experience in tender design as well as detailed design under a design and build environment.
Within this job you can expect to:
• Provide control systems leadership for public and private sector water and wastewater clients in our local office, at client sites, and other CH2M offices
• Lead facility automation business development efforts for the North West
• Work as part of a team and independently to evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures
• Make recommendations for control systems' design, upgrade, and improvement
• Assist senior design process engineers as needed on large complex projects
• Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines
• Travel as needed for projects to support business development, design, implementation, start-up and maintenance of projects in the UK
• Maintain a mindset of health & safety in all aspects of project execution, office and personal environments
• Liaise with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business and cooperation with engineers and designers across other disciplines
• Mentor and develop team engineers and technicians
• Continued Professional Development
Our Controls System Engineering career can provide you with an opportunity to work on exciting municipal and industrial projects. Our Control Systems Group offers a comprehensive suite of products and services. We are a full service provider of facility automation services that span the full life cycle of facility automation implementation, from conceptual planning, design, and integration, through installation, testing, start-up, and post commissioning services.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
• Experience in facility automation design and integration
• Instrumentation selection and design
• Network design
• SCADA system design experience
• Experience with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLC programming
• Experience with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens SCADA programming
• Experience with network and communication devices
• Field start-up experience
• I&C and SCADA control panel design, fabrication, and testing experience
Minimum qualification requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Civil Engineering, or Information Technology
• Chartered Status
• Experience in the design and programming of major brands of DCS/PLC and SCADA products for municipal or industrial type facilities
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel
Our Culture : Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level ***CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Job Location CH2M, WarringtonWarrington, GB
View on Google maps