Senior Drilling Engineer
An opportunity is available to join a mid-cap oil & gas operating company in the role of Senior Drilling Engineer based in Adelaide on a 12 month contract.
The role will be focussed on front end well construction responsibilities as well as providing planning and operational support to Extended Reach Drilling (ERD) projects.
Responsibilities will include;
- To provide ongoing technical, risk management and Well Engineering and Construction Management System support
- To deliver well design for ERD projects
- To work as Operations Engineer on ERD projects
- To support Wells projects ensuring contractor contract/contractor management is effective for third party well construction companies
- Assist the Wells team by investigating and communicating root causes for major failure events
- To routinely visit field operations and perform audits, focusing on well and safety critical equipment integrity
- To support the development and maintenance of regulatory submissions for project approvals including safety case revisions, environment plans and Well Operation Management Plans
Suitable candidates will have;
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum 8 years' experience in well engineering design, planning and operations
- Prior operating company experience
- ERD well design experience
- Experience with drilling services contraction process; RFP, tendering, vendor evaluation and selection
- Ability to develop or review drilling engineering standards using good industry practices
- Advanced skills with industry software such as Stresscheck, Wellplan and Compass
For further information please contact David Styles on +61 7 3160 2626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with existing eligibility to work in Australia will be considered for this role at this time.