Our client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work within their facilities in New Braunfels, TX
General Description / Language to Use for Job Postings:
- We have an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer for CO2 Liquefaction and LNG Plants.
- This Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for Engineering and designing of Equipment and packages for CO2 liquefaction Plants, Industrial refrigeration systems and LNG Plants.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
In the role of Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Work independently to assist in the design and development of equipment required to meet customer's needs or market demands
- Perform Mechanical design calculations for Compressors, Pumps, Heat Exchanger, Columns, Vessels, Tanks, Separators, Dehydration Units, Skids, etc.
- Develops engineering documentations such as datasheets, drawings, schematic drawings, material specification or other required data
- Utilize current manufacturing/business systems for cost, inventory and purchasing information
- Have experience of participation in various Process Safety studies e.g. HAZOP, SIL
- Take ownership for deliverables produced and their quality
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from reputable institute is required
- 15 years of overall Mechanical Engineering experience in Oil & Gas industry is required
- Experience working with fabrication shop and field installation teams to provide necessary data and documentation is required
- Experience with LNG and industrial refrigeration systems is preferred
- Experience with other gas processing systems and packages is a plus
- Shall have effective verbal and written communication skills
- Shall be confident and be able to work without supervision
- Domestic and some overseas travel is expected at approximately 10-20%
Desired Characteristics/Other Skills
- Experience in process design reviews as it applies to Mechanical Engineering
- Experience sizing Control valves and safety valves
- Experience is mechanical design reviews