FPU PVV Engineer
Assist the FPU team to deliver a cost effective (OPEX/CAPEX) and optimized design of the facilities (UFR, SPS and Topside) that meets the requirements of the project in safety, reliability, operability and maintainability for a 25-year design life.
Provide PVV discipline expertise and ensure consistency of design, execution planning and operational aspects of the PVV design on the FPU.
Manage interfaces between disciplines including SPS and URF packages.
Accountable to the Engineering Manager for;
o Managing the PVV discipline activities during the Project FEED and Detailed Engineering phase
o Respecting HSE rules and requirements and ensuring that the design and the resulting operations will be performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred)
Minimum Experience: 10+ years experience working for consulting engineers or oil and gas exploration / production companies with a proven track record in similar positions including engineering management
Required Skills / Certifications: PE registration in Texas (preferred)
· Working knowledge PDMS and E3D software
· Familiar with 3D model viewer software Navisworks
· Floating facilities experience
· Firsthand knowledge of safe working practices on offshore construction projects
· Firsthand knowledge of GOM Deep Water Developments
· Excellent organizational skills and commitment to meeting deadlines
· Problem solving skills for complex and integrated processes
· Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Conflict management and problem solving skills.
· Analytical, interpretative and / or constructive thinking and evaluative judgment.
· PC skills
Language Requirements: Fluent English required
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.