Supply Chain Analyst
Our client, a major O&G company, is seeking an Supply Chain Analyst to work within their facilities located in Chatham, ON, Canada.
The Supply Chain Analyst position requires support the Supply Cain Management team with data analysis and management, as well as procuring services in a timely and cost-effective manner. Needs to be able to work independently with some direction, and be sure that risks are mitigated or lowered. Enrollment in SCMP or certified CPSM is preferred.
- Analyze internal/external market data from multiple sources in a logical format for effective decision-making.
- Help cost reduction initiatives and coordinate supplier cost increases to guarantee fair market value is obtained.
- Support supplier assessments and performance improvement processes
- Participate in the development of sourcing strategies using knowledge gained from analyzing market conditions and internal stakeholder needs
- Gather pricing analyses and other mechanisms for decision-making
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives within the respective Business Unit for services
- Inspect and measure the contracting process to ensure compliance and risk mitigation
- Monitor preferred supplier utilization to maintain cost effective rates
- Create and review reports on supplier performance and compliance with specific contractual obligations/metrics
- Guarantee Supply Chain and other related policies are followed in order to mitigate or lower risk with service suppliers
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Contributing to vendor management activities by ensuring prequalification requirements are met and post evaluations are complete
- Supporting leadership by providing periodic reports, data analysis, validating vendor payments, and providing process/system improvement recommendation
- Identify non-compliance with contracts and find the root cause (e.g. spend categories, buying channel process) under the guidance of a more senior level SCM professional
- Degree in Business, Engineering, Economics, or Supply Chain related discipline.
- 4 years of experience
- Great computer skills.
- Excellent writing and oral skills, including presentation skills.
- Advanced mathematical and analytical skills.