FPU Lead Construction Engineer
Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking a FPU Lead Construction Engineer to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX. This will be for a 2.5-3 years contract.
Responsibilities: In charge of construction and constructability aspects for the FPU package during the FEED phase. In particular during the FEED phase this encompasses the supervision of all activities related to construction performed by the FEED contractor. It includes the coordination and technical input in the process of selection of the construction yards. The position will evolve in the next phases to a position of lead in construction as soon as the construction activities will start.
- Within the FPU package, provide construction leadership for all activities related to FPU hull and topsides construction during the FEED phase
- Coordinate the call for tender for construction of the Hull and Topsides in close liaison with the FPU Manager, The Hull Manager and the Topsides Manager
- Support the FPU Manager in organizing the construction tenders evaluation and contribute to the selection of the Construction yard(s)
- Provide all necessary input to the FPU Manager for the development of the construction input in the FPU execution plan
- Support the FPU Manager in the development of a coordination procedure between the engineering contractor and the yards
- Organize and coordinate in the FEED phase the liaison between the FEED Contractor and potential or selected yards
- Supervise the construction input used by the FEED contractor for the development of the FEED deliverables
- Provide all necessary schedule input and support relative to construction activities for the FPU
- Contribute to the preparation of the detailed engineering and construction phase with regards to the organization of the construction activities
- Prepare for a Lead Construction position (Hull or Topsides) during the detailed and construction phase of the project
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.