Fixed Asset Accounting Analyst III
Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking a Fixed Asset Accounting Analyst IlI to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX. This will be for a 12 months contract.
- Prepare journal entries using Oracle, SAP, and/or PowerPlan in support of fixed asset accounting
- Apply knowledge of fixed asset accounting and financial systems to prepare accurate and timely financials
- Coordinate as needed with the broader Capital Assets accounting team
- Perform depreciation runs, and assist with depreciation analysis/studies
- Classify and unitize projects into fixed asset accounts, ensuring costs are accurately captured Support account reconciliations for both U.S. and Canadian legal entities
- Retire assets, determining NBV and performing ARO accounting
- Collaborate with Reporting team (within CA) to support preparation of financials, as needed Escalate issues to Advisor and/or Supervisor for resolution as needed
- Knowledge of fixed asset accounting policies and procedures in the oil and gas industry Familiarity with U.S. and Canadian regulatory practices and requirements (e.g., FERC, NEB, AER, OEB)
- Ability to meet monthly, quarterly, and yearly deadlines, while working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Oracle and/or SAP ERP systems
- Knowledge of PowerPlan preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience within the oil and gas industry
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.