Export Compliance Specialist
We are looking for an Export Compliance Specialist on a long-term contract in Surrey.
This role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise to ensure compliance with export regulations applicable to the international procurement and shipment of materials by our client's Upstream segment.
- Monitor/review purchase orders and proposed exports to ensure compliance with export control laws.
- Classify materials for export and provide guidance and assistance to BP for classification of materials.
- Interface with suppliers and/or manufacturers to determine and/or validate classifications of materials.
- Create, update and maintain a database of classified materials.
- Interface with Ethics & Compliance, Legal, Category Management and Materials Management teams to ensure compliance with export control laws.
Assist in developing, deploying and maintaining export control processes, procedures and systems.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.