Our client, a major Oil & Gas Company is seeking a GIS Technician to work in 6+ months contract position in Denver, Colorado.
- Supports an organization or department by performing administrative services. Assists management with administrative tasks such as tracking and compiling information of interest.
- Enter repair data from standard electronic records into a format for upload to the database.
- Investigate non-standard records (electronic and paper).
- Experience with PODS (Pipeline Open Data Standard) is preferred but not critical.
- Experience with GIS software (ArcGIS) would be a plus.
- Experience with pipeline field activities or records could be beneficial.
- Creates databases, maps, and/or graphs that can be combined with geographically referenced data, working with GIS software and programs that can relate different types of data, such as socioeconomic, demographic, administrative or political boundaries, land use, land cover, environmental, infrastructure, and transportation networks.
- Keeps databases, maps, and graphs maintained.
- Meets with users to define data needs, project requirements required outputs, or to develop applications.
- Conducts research to locate and obtain existing databases. Compiles data gathered from a variety of sources, including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Enters data, analyzes geographic and spatial data, and determines how all of the combined information can best be integrated for it to be displayed using GIS and incorporates it into documents and reports.
- Analyzes geographic relationships among varying types of data.