Our client, an international Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking for a Planning Engineer to be based in their project offices in Surrey. The role is offered with a long term contract and a negotiable all-inclusive daily rate.
As Senior Planning Engineer you'll be responsible for the Planning and Scheduling functions in accordance with Company standards.
- Manage the preparation of Project Integrated Schedule (Master Control Schedule - MCS)
- Assist in development of Level 1 schedule and the Schedule Basis and Assumptions document.
- Work closely with the project Cost Engineer to ensure costs phasing and forecasting aligns with the current control schedule.
- Support interface management for integrating scopes and stakeholders external to the project.
- Ensure that Contractor plans contain activities, durations, logic and timings that reflect industry standard methods for the scope of work.
- Oversee Contractor schedule, progress measurement and reporting, ensuring implementation of Contractors' contractual requirements (review, comment and approve Schedule Development and Control Plans, schedules, outputs, reporting).
- Analyze the Contractor resource, progress, and productivity measures against the schedule to address reporting accuracy in all areas.
- Facilitate and monitor the tracking and forecasting of interfaces between Contractors.
- Audit Contractors' progress management system.
- Degree or HND in a relevant discipline with experience in the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Ideally have experience working on Subsea, SURF or URF projects.
- Good level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes for FEED and EPC projects.
- Advanced user of Primavera P6 & Microsoft Office applications