Sr Contracts Engineer Advisor
Our client, a major Oil & Gas Company, is seeking a Sr. Contracts Engineer Advisor (with a contract development/negotiation/management background ) to work in a 12+ months contract position in Baton Rouge, LA.
- The Contracts Engineer (CE) plays a lead role in the development and reviews of Event Contracting Strategies in an industrial environment.
- This includes the recommendation of forms of contracts, work breakdown structures, and Event specific compensation on major Events.
- Additionally, the CE facilitates the implementation of Event Contracting Strategies through development and award of contract(s) and provides as-needed assistance through contract close-out.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in working in teams exhibiting a progressive attitude that influences the best possible outcome in solving problems
- Influences others without authority towards achieving contract development goals and objectives
- Expert at communicating with people of different backgrounds (group presentations)
- Broad understanding of Event execution and contracting principles, theories and concepts
- Expert proficiency in the contracting strategies; skilled in working with unit rate, lump sum, cost-plus structures for industrial environment
- Experienced in commercial negotiations, contractor management, and contract administration
- 10+ years of broad-based related professional experience
- 5+ years in Event leadership roles
- Demonstrates sound commercial leadership that drive integration
- TWIC card required for the assignment
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for Event contracting strategy development and documentation; analyzing and assessing alternative contracting strategies as part of optimizing the overall execution strategy;
- Provides guidance and leadership in contractor pre-qualification, bid slate selection, tendering and evaluation of proposals;
- Leads Event Team during contract development, with focus on Job Specifications (e.g. Coordination Procedure, Interfaces, Design Specifications, Description of Facility, and other technical details from the company) and compensation components;
- Integrates overall commercial - technical contracting components and ensures overall contract quality and integrity;
- Active support to Event Team typically evolves shortly after contract award to contract implementation.
- Contracts Engineering would re-engage to support implantation of the contract during the Event (e.g. change order management).
- Maintains close liaison with appropriate members of Management, Event Team, and other company's organizations
- Organizes and leads Contracting Strategy Workshops with Event Team
- Develop and lead the training of Event Team to enable effective execution of the contract
- Train/mentor execution supervision on methods of managing different contracts during TA setting