4 days left
- Full Time
Airswift - Junior Expeditor - Houston, TX - 12+ months contract
Our client, a major O&G company, is seeking a Procurement Operations Lead to work in Houston, TX on a long-term contract.
- Act as a buyer for all hub assigned purchase requisitions and ensuring the creation all associated material purchase orders in accordance with established procedures
- Conduct all procurement & expediting operations as assigned by the Procurement Operations Lead
- Manage all supplier relations within hub procurement operations and enhance supplier relationships with key suppliers as identified and directed by the Procurement Operations Lead
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the procurement strategies and plans liaising with the Procurement Operations Lead as appropriate
- Ensure all procurement activities in the hub are carried out in compliance with the process standards and approved procedures in the Company.
- Quality of all purchase orders issued, and cycle time from assignment of purchase request to receipt and validation of purchase order ('Clean MR')
- 5 - 8 years experience in hands on procurement buying and expediting activities in the petrochemical, oil or gas industry which must include international procurement requirements
- Demonstrated experience in using ERP systems (preferably SAP) within the buying process