Pressure Systems Integrity Engineer
3 days left
- Full Time
Pressure Systems Integrity Engineer
- Performs specific technical activities to support Pressure Systems Integrity (PSI) Engineering community and delivery of the Regional inspection and IM programs.
- Proactively interact with other disciplines, sub-functions and contractors to systematically resolve Pressure Systems Integrity problems.
- Apply pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, production efficiency, defect elimination, & standardization of engineering processes and work flows.
- Support the governance processes associated with inspection practices (e.g. Category 32 GPs, GNs, implementation of and conformance to OMS 5.4 Essentials, GOO PSI Practices, Procedures & Guides.
- Support the implementation of Region's Self Verification processes.
- Understand, provide interpretations, and support conformance / compliance with applicable inspection industry codes and regulations.
- Review and approve NDT procedures, inspection reports and provide indepth technical analysis and recommendations when needed.
- Develop and recommend discipline technical metrics to the PSI Engineers to measure inspection program effectiveness.
- Manage inspection information, develop and update inspection strategies and plans as needed.
- Support the Regional response to the Fit For Service (F4S) requirements for the static mechanical barrier (i.e. PSI).
- Support and ensure the appropriate anomaly management processes and delivery of performance plans.
- Drive continuous improvement of the PSI infrastructure through rigorous performance management of Regional PSI Dashboard, KPI's and equipment condition monitoring reporting.
- Ensure PSI related lessons learned are captured and codified into
- This position is for a Pressure Systems Integrity Engineer for offshore GoM assets, primarily including topsides production platform piping and pressure vessels.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in Engineering, Sciences (e.g., Physics) or equivalent.
- Sr Engineers to hold deep discipline expertise on NDE, inspection methods, coverage requirements, inspection frequency, inspection effectiveness, data analysis, and inspection management processes / tools / metrics (e.g. RBI, etc.).
- Experience with RBI technology, fitness for service assessments failure investigation techniques.
- Knowledge of corrosion mitigation and mechanical integrity assessment techniques.
- Work experience with relevant inspection codes and standards, such as API 510, 570, 653, 579, 580, ASME VIII, B31, PCC-2, ANST, PCN and ANSI.
- Substantial relevant experience in pressure systems integrity engineering for oil & gas processing facilities.
- ASME VIII pressure vessel design experience
- Good working knowledge and experience with API 510 and API 570 inspection codes
- Good working knowledge of ASME design and post construction codes
- Well versed in API-579 Fitness for Service engineering assessments, Level 1 & 2, and preferably Level 3 FEA analysis.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.