Our client is seeking a Power Engineer to work within their facilities in El Paso, TX for a long term contract.
Overview - Provides daily engineering support to all Area Teams on issues related to electrical equipment. Performs monitoring, troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis and project Support.
- Provides electrical engineering technical support to all refinery departments. Troubleshoots and resolves day to day electrical- related issues for Area Teams. This may include electrical distribution systems such as switchgear, transformers, breakers and substations. Additional support is required for equipment motors and motor control centers (MCCs), among others.
- Support maintenance technician/electricians when equipment performs poorly or needs repairs. Advises on safe work practices and systems for safe operations and maintenance. Work with reliability to monitor critical equipment analysis and identify reliability improvement opportunities.
- Provides support though all phases of assigned capital and expense projects. Participate in technical reviews to ensure detailed electrical engineering meets design specifications, codes, and engineering standards.
- Support refinery turnarounds, including scope development, planning review, material selection and execution of electrical work scopes.
- Provides engineering support for investigations on adverse incidents involving electrical system disturbances and electrical equipment failures.