Senior Surf Installation Analysis Engineer
Job position: Senior Surf Installation Analysis Engineer (Job Ref 20190719SBSDPSZ)
Workplace: Shen Zhen
Analysis structure Naval Architecture surf system sdu sutu manifold
- Performs and reviews detailed feasibility studies and installation analyses, considering all associated risk and ensure that all safety rules are considered for various operations such as flexible pipe installation, umbilical installation, flyinglead installation, riser installation, subsea structure installation etc.
- Determines and optimises operations installation steps.
- Ensure the quality of its analyses, and the respect of the planning.
- Interfaces with associated subsea related disciplines and understands the interfaces within a project environment.
- Provides engineering support during operations with occasional periods offshore.
- Ensures all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Discusses technical solutions with external and internal clients.
- Proposes innovative solutions allowing cost & risks reduction.
- Organizes department training to improve technical ability of installation calculation engineers in company.
- Participates in meetings/correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc in a senior capacity.
- Is responsible for the technical deliverables of the project / proposal / study and deadlines related to the full scope.
- Highest regard for health & safety of all personnel at all times - excellent safety awareness and ability to conduct interventions when necessary.
- In-depth understanding of deepwater SURF system installation.
- Expert knowledge of deepwater SURF system installation analysis.
- Familiarity and appreciation of diverless subsea connectors, ROV tie-in toolings and ROV riggings at both onshore/offshore locations.
- Team player able to integrate and collaborate effectively with others in both Subcontractor team and COOEC. Ability to mentor / develop junior engineers.
- Effective communicator, able to converse with others calmly and efficiently.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the analysis and engineering of deepwater SURF installation in the offshore SURF system installation business sector.
- Extensive experience of marine dynamics analysis software such as Orcaflex, MOSES, AQWA, etc, conducting at least two deepwater SURF system installation analyses similar to LS17-2 Project.
- Shall have project engineer experience onboard offshore installation vessels working on SURF system installation projects.
- Eng / B.Sc in Naval Architecture or equivalent Engineering / Science discipline.
- Further SURF-specific qualifications (e.g. M.Eng, M.Sc, Software training etc) would be advantageous.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.