Our client, a major Midstream Company within the Oil & Gas Industry, is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst professional to work in a 9-12 months contract position in Houston, TX.
Job Description:Responsible for ensuring that Category Management has relevant and accurate data which serves as the foundation for recommendations that impact business decisions.
Main Responsibilities:Supporting Category Management in the development of sourcing initiatives, including, but not limited to:developing RFX packages;creating custom scorecards;compiling and evaluating proposals;preparing award recommendations.Provide analytics support for ongoing management for key agreements, including, but not limited to:developing/tracking key performance indicators (KPIs);supporting agreement amendments;creating supplier-specific profiles;supporting SRM meetings.Assist Category Management in maintaining critical information, including, but not limited to:gathering and cleansing spend information;collecting and compiling category-specific demand forecasts;data gathering and preparation for supplier negotiationsRespond to ad hoc requests set by Data Analytics Manager.
Additional Work might include:Researching and tracking current and emerging market intelligence (trends, indices, cause/effect, etc.);Analyzing supply markets to establish available (current & future) market capacity and lead times;Profiling key supply market competitors;Creating should cost models specific to categories.
- University degree in Finance, Business, Economics, SCM or related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with competency in MS Excel and economic modeling
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Excel
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, to relay basic facts to peers and management
- Ability to manage concurrent initiatives and conflicting priorities
- Detail orientated, organized, pro-active and acts with a sense of urgency
- Understand SCM Category Management fundamentals
- 2 - 7 years of experience
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Experience with SAP, Oracle, MERX, Maximo a plus